Area Portfolio Manager (US)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Nephin Whiskey Company is the operator of Ireland’s only working cooperage providing cask supply and repair services to distilleries and breweries. The company has built a single malt distillery at the foot of Nephin mountain which will produce premium peated single malts using local barley, local turf, Nephin mountain water and aged in casks handmade at the Nephin Cooperage.
The company has a US subsidiary which is a federally licensed importer of spirits. The company currently imports Single Malt Scotch Whisky and will add new products to the portfolio in 2020.
ABOUT THE COOPER
The Cooper is a Single Malt Scotch Whisky aged in Limousin Oak Octaves. Octaves are old style micro casks and those used for The Cooper were made from oak sourced from XO Cognac casks . The Octaves were handmade by Nephin Master Cooper John Neilly and his apprentices.
The Cooper has a distinctive taste profile aimed at a sophisticated whiskey drinker , an engaging brand history, features premium detailing throughout the packaging and has unique handcrafted merchandise available for promotion.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Nephin are appointing an Area Portfolio Manager based in the Tampa Bay Area, FL to take over responsibility for representing all brands within the Nephin Imports portfolio. The successful applicant will work closely with our partner distributor, Breakthru Beverages and will present the brands to on-trade and off-trade accounts, agree terms and organise, promote and deliver special tasting events.
- Identify and contact target accounts
- Present the brands to decision makers in the account
- Agree incentives, merchandise and tasting events
- Liaise with distributor to ensure orders are delivered
- Organise, promote and host tasting events in partnership with accounts
- Meet monthly KPIs for no. accounts, no. events and no. sales
- Love of Whiskey
- Excellent public speaking & presentation skills
- Good organisation and scheduling skills
- Experience in closing sales and meeting targets
- Available for extensive travel
- Full clean driving licence
Basic plus expenses, commission & bonus
Extensive training provided
OTE: $150,000 p.a.
To apply for the role, please email your CV and a cover note to email@example.com